Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be a catalyst for the creation of a society firmly rooted in the principles of dignity, justice and solidarity. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of rural people – especially women and the disadvantaged – in the Central Himalaya. We try to do this through interventions in health, education, natural resource management, and by providing access to diversified livelihood options. We promote the sustainable ownership and management of common resources by the community. Chirag’s strategy is to:
- Identify key areas of intervention.
- Undertake projects with the participation of the community.
- Focus on disadvantaged and marginalized women farmers.
- Build capacity and develop ownership.
- Gradually withdraw, to let the community take the lead.